Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 26 and 27 of Recovery - Home soon/Meeting two of Melaku's children

6:00 pm Wednesday, July 8, 2009: I had no time in the morning to visit Tesfaye, but Melaku and I arranged to meet at 6:oo pm at the hospital, and he was bringing his son and one of his daughters. With Melaku having been so kind with his time and support since Tesfaye's arrival it was very nice for me and Tesfaye to have the opportunity finally to meet a couple of his children, his son Mikael and daughter Emebet.

In the meantime, the best news of the day was that we were told that Tesfaye had been given the clearance to come home to us this Friday July 10th, four weeks to the day that he had the surgery! After all that he has been through, it is hard to believe that day has come.

Thursday, July 9, 2009: When I stopped in around 9:30 am Tesfaye was standing by the window looking very fine in some nice basketball style sweat pants and top. This is his last full day and night in the hospital before coming home. I had to chat with Lise about something so we walked over to her office. He brought his favourite Canuck monkey with him, tied around his neck in a playful manner. I confirmed with Lise that 2:30 tomorrow afternoon is fine for the Hospital departure session where we would go through in detail what Tesfaye has to do when he comes back to live at our house. I will bring Melaku's daughter Emebet to translate into Amharic so that he is clear on everything, as Melaku will be at work.

Later, at 11:00 pm i dropped in for one last hospital "goodnight". Tesfaye was half asleep but I told him I would not see him in the morning, but most certainly will at 2:30 pm.

No comments: