Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 9 of Recovery - Happy Father's Day!



Sunday June 21, 2009, 12:30pm: Father's Day, potential sleep in day, but I woke up before 6 am without my alarm; I guess my subconscious knew that if I am going to play golf today I should get it over early, seeing as we are having around 65 family and friends over for a BBQ this evening. Of course my wife Nanci always has everything under control and ready in advance, but I do have a few errands that are my responsibility to do today.

In between errands I stop in to see my Tesfaye. I am hoping for some significant progress, but the ventilator machine is still in the same mode as yesterday and everything else is pretty much the same. However, he is looking better today and has some of his old spirit and smile back; I hope this is an indicator that the progress we are looking for is soon to be on its way. We had a very nice visit with some joking back and forth, and when I mentioned that it is Father's Day he asked for the clipboard. He then wrote out an impromptu card for me with a drawing of a bone on the bottom, which actually took quite a bit of effort under the circumstances. I am not sure of the meaning of the bone, but I do know that basic hand drawn Father's Day card meant so much to me and I told him thank you from "Abbat" Gary.

No comments: