Friday, January 15, 2010

It's time to visit Tesfaye's Mother

January 4th, 2010 email from Tesfaye:  In this email Tesfaye told me there is not much new and not to worry, he is eating well - sometimes at a hotel or restaurant, and on the weekend at Dr. Rick's house.

He was particularly excited that he recently spoke to his Mother, who is anxiously waiting to see Tesfaye (she has not yet seen him since returning to Ethiopis mid-October post surgery). She said if he cannot come to her she will come visit him but, as Tesfaye and I discussed last summer in Vancouver, he really would like to wait for when I can come to Ethiopia  to accompany him and surprise his "mum" on that first visit, when she will see with her own eyes his amazing physical transformation.

I  am very keen to meet Tesfaye's mother and family  in their village and witness the reunion; I just know that it would mean so much to me if I can share with him what most certainly will be a wonderful and moving moment in Tesfaye's journey.  I have been trying to juggle things as best I can to get there as soon as I can.  Although Tesfaye will wait as long as it takes, if it is not feasible to get there reasonably soon I will tell Tesfaye not to wait for me to visit his Mother. I believe he told her he will come in about a month, so I am seriously looking into my options to get there mid-February, during the second week of the Olympics here in Vancouver, as business will probably come to somewhat of a standstill. Too bad it takes so long to get there from here and there do not seem to be any easy routings.

No comments: