Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 3 of recovery: evening visit


6:30 pm June 15: Melaku calls and I make arrangements to meet him at the hospital so that he can see Tesfaye and explain anything important in Amharic.Melaku really is a gentleman and so willing to give of his time in support of Tesfaye whenever I need to call on him. In fact, from the day of Tesfaye's arrival there have been so many Ethiopians expressing appreciation for us helping Tesfaye and offering any assistance we may need or want.

Melaku walked from his Chinatown apartment. When we arrived at the hospital and he saw Tesfaye, he was also pleased to see him looking better and able to talk. Tesfaye seemed a little more awake and aware while we were there and he was able to communicate. Tesfaye wanted me to record him saying some things on video as a reminder later on in the process and so I did,but his voice is fairly faint. After bidding Tesfaye goodnight, I took Melaku for a bite to eat at nearby Sabra's restaurant and Melaku seemed to enjoy his Chicken Matzah ball soup, and I my Shwarma.I then took Melaku back downtown and went home, looking forward to more improvement when I see Tesfaye next morning.

No comments: